Adding a Deduction to an Employee
Navigate to Employees.
To add a deduction to a single employee select the employee and choose Award and click on deductions.
Click the + button and a list of available deductions will be displayed. (If the deduction applies to all employees return to company settings and add the deduction directly to the award tables.)
If the properties are different from the company setting click the override box and edit as required.
- Enable – Use this field if you wish to disable an existing deduction.
- METHOD – Default is Weekly, you can choose from other options like per shift/per hour etc. If you wish to change, tick the Override box then select from the drop down menu.
- Is Extra Tax – Only used if adding an Extra Tax deduction.
- Taxable – This field determines how the deduction affects the taxable income. TICKED (Default) will deduct the amount from the net wage. UNTICKED deducts the value from the Gross wage prior to calculating tax.
- Pay Super – TICKED (default) means that the deduction will be made after the super is calculated. UNTICKED deducts the value before the super is calculated.
- Type – determines how the value is applied – Fixed amount or Percentage based.
- Value – Enter the Dollar value or percentage rate to be deducted.
- Workplace giving or Fees – (Eg Union or Donations to charities) Override and select from the drop down box if the deduction is one of these.
Set a valid from date (if the deduction is ongoing leave the valid to blank)
If you wish to end a deduction at some point in the future set the end date as the W/Ending date for the last week to be paid. (please note if you end a deduction it must also have a start date)