Adding an Allowance to an Employee
Navigate to Employees
To add a deduction to a single employee select the employee and choose Award and click on deductions.
Click the + button and a list of available allowances will be displayed. (If the allowance applies to all employees return to company settings and add the deduction directly to the award tables.)
If the properties are different from the company setting click the override box and edit as required.
- Enable – Use this field if you wish to disable an existing allowance.
- METHOD – Default is Weekly, you can choose from other options like per shift/per hour etc. If you wish to change, tick the Override box then select from the drop down menu.
- Taxable – This field determines how the allowance affects the taxable income. TICKED (default) adds the value to the Gross wage. UNTICK if you wish to add the amount to the nett wage.
- Pay Super – TICKED (default) adds the value to the Gross wage. UNTICKED adds to the net wage.
- Show Separately on PAYG – Refer to ATO guidelines for which allowances are required to be reported through the PAYG system.
- Type – determines how the value is applied – Fixed amount or Percentage based.
- Value – Enter the Dollar value or percentage rate to be paid.
Set a valid from date (if the allowance is ongoing leave the valid to blank)
If you wish to end the allowance at some point in the future set the end date as the W/Ending date for the last week to be paid. (please note if you end an allowance it must also have a start date)